Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction Ian Cole

Hi everyone!

I am very interested in getting involved with Fedora in the
Infrastructure team. I have used Fedora since high school, back when it
originally was introduced. I continued to use it as my primary OS in
school getting a CS degree at Colorado State University. In 2007 I got
an internship at HP in their Open Source Lab and started to use RHEL. My
focus there were mostly sysadmin tasks with some scripting and QA
testing. The past of couple years I continued to work as a
sysadmin/build engineer, and have started to go back to coding (Ruby at
the moment, but am very interested in Python) since that is what I
enjoyed the most and my degree focused on. I popped in to the IRC
channel to say hello (IRC Handle: icole), and nirik was very nice to
help me out and mentioned Toshio might be able to help me get started
with coding tasks. I really look forward to finally getting involved
more in the Open Source community and specifically Fedora!

-Ian