Re: fedorahosted.org: Call for RHEL6 testing

On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 22:12:37 -0500
Bassford John <jbass29503@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello fedora-admins and fi-apprentices
>
> I have been lurking in #Fedora-admin and such waiting for a chance to
> lend a hand, so I though I would do some basic QA of this new
> environment, below is what I have found so far.

Excellent. ;) Thank you.

> TRAC
> 1. if a "environment(project)" does not have a defined logo, the
> default(global) one is not displayed like the current live trac
> instance does
> missing logo "Fedora, HOSTED, Start a Project; watch it grow"
> https://fedorahosted.org/web/static/images/fedora-hosted-banner.png
> examples
> https://fedorahosted.org/amber  (live env)
> https://fedorahosted.org/amber (test env)

Interesting. Ok, I will take a look and see if we can fix that up.
(Or if someone else would like to, please go ahead :)

> 2. there are several projects that have a mailing list defined on
> their trac::wiki page, that no longer work, am not sure if this an
> actual issue, since the previous email stated "email would not work
> on this new test environment" or if the email lists were not migrated
> (am guessing at that last statement),  the links work on the live
> environment, I assumed you would be able to see the email list for
> that project but only up to the time of the data sync, and excluding
> any new emails received after the data sync..... ( I did not check
> every project for a mailing list url)
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/mailman/<project>
> PROJECTS: amber
> https://fedorahosted.org/pipermail/<project>
> PROJECTS: arbt

Yeah, I should have been more clear on email. Two things here:

a) postfix is off on the test instance. This means no action there will
send out emails. We did this to avoid confusion. If someone commits to
the test server it would look like a real commit to the live production
instance, and we don't want that.

b) we are going to migrate lists off fedorahosted over to our collab
servers, so we don't need to test lists on this instance. ;)

> 3. the "default  documentation for trac" is still version 10.4, hm, or
> specifically the environments(projects) that have not yet created a
> wiki start page say "Welcome to TRAC <version number>" where version
> is dependent on what version of trac was installed in fedorahosted.org
> when the project was created/added, which seems reasonable as the
> upgrade
> process should not change the wiki page for an environment(project).
>
> projects where it seems no wiki page was created.
>
> 10.4 trac default documentation example (test env) go to
> https://fedorahosted.org/baraha-maps/wiki     ( Welcome to TRAC 10.4)
> 10.5 trac default documentation example (test env) go to
> https://fedorahosted.org/MAKEDEV/              (Welcome to TRAC 10.5)
>
> perphaps we could update the wiki start pages in those projects so the
> version is correct.
> Could some one confirm we did the following, just to make sure
> http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracUpgrade#UpdatetheTracDocumentation

Yeah, we did do the wiki convert, but it notes specifically that it
will not change your start page. ;) I don't think this is a big deal.
We could script something to change it, but projects that haven't setup
anything now likely won't later either, so it's always going to be out
of date until they do.

> 4. the muffin project seems to have issues..  "the action that
> trigger the error: GET: /wiki"

Interesting. ok. Will investigate this one.

> Well I think thats enough for now.. I`ll move on to git next...

Thanks!

> I hope it helps make the new fedorahosted work as designed

Excellent feedback. I really appreciate it.

kevin