Re: New RFR -- Zanata instance

On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 08:38:55 -0700
Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Since we've been paring down unused services in infrastructure
> recently, I'm inclined to wait for a need to arise/the translation
> community to ask for a new service before deploying something new.
> While theoretically someone in infrastructure could step forward to
> sponsor a zanata testing instance onto publictest boxes, it doesn't
> seem like a good use of time unless it addresses some need within
> Fedora....

I agree.

Some additional thoughts:

* We do not have any other jboss applications, so this would be all new
  to us, additionally, I don't think any of our main sysadmins have too
  much jboss experence. Maven, java and other parts of this are all
  things we do not currently run, so would be increasing the burden on
  all of us.

* It's not clear to me that everything is packaged up in a way we
  require. I'm sure there are jboss rpms, but is everything else
  packaged?

* I would really like to see a consensus from the fedora translation
  groups that this is something they would like to persue. We have had
  a long and happy cooperation with the transifex folks, and it would
  be good to discuss any issues with them to see if they can be solved.

* asking translators to move to another completely new setup seems
  difficult when they just moved to transifex.net (all be it similar
  software).

So, I really think the next steps here are to talk with transifex.net
folks and the fedora translation community and see if there are issues
that cannot be solved that this move would help with.

kevin