Re: backup02 io scheduler change

On Wed, 18 May 2011 15:51:08 -0400
"Adam M. Dutko" <dutko.adam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I think this is a good test to see what is the problem. The
> > deadlocks and OOM's seem to happen at 0400 when other virtual
> > systems are
>
> Hrm... so all of these are xen instances and they're doing backups at
> the same time. If the rsync processes are going into a D state I'd
> think it's an I/O exhaustion problem. Would it be possible to alter
> the backup schedule and stagger them if the scheduler change doesn't
> work?

backup02 itself is only doing 1 rsync at a time. ;)

I'm not sure what other virtual systems are being backed up that would
affect it. None of the other guests on ibiblio01 are backing up to
backup01. I guess they do run daily jobs at the same time, so that
could put stress on the host... but it's pretty weird.

I made the deadline change, we will see if that helps any.

kevin