Re: Can I authenticate against FAS without python?

On 19/03/11 05:01, Sijis Aviles wrote:
> You can get FAS info through a json feed.
>
> Here are a couple of almost identical working examples:
>
> Used in fedoraproject.org/wiki
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/browser/scripts/Auth_FAS_MediaWiki/Auth_FAS.php
>
> Used in blogs.fedoraproject.org:
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/browser/plugins/wordpress-plugin-fasauth/fasauth.php

Sijis,

Thanks for the info, that's great!  It looks like both examples use the
user's own credentials to access the API, which (a) authenticates the
user and (b) fetches the cla_done bit.  So, no SSO, but otherwise just
what I need.

I did have a look at the FAS OpenID code

http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=fas.git;a=blob;f=fas/openid_samadhi.py;hb=HEAD
and I see that it does check cla_done before activating the OpenID, so
it is exactly what I need.

That is, assuming it's okay to rely on it.  I wonder if FAS OpenID is
beta simply because not all OpenID relying party websites work with it,
or is it because it might suffer total existence failure at any moment?

Sean.
--
Sean Flanigan

Senior Software Engineer