FAS password complexity requirements

Hey, so we discussed in the meeting, FAS's password requirements are
currently very lax - just a minimum length of 8 characters.  What do we
think the requirements should be changed to?

One possible strength checker that I mentioned during the meeting was:
http://www.nongnu.org/python-crack/

This can use a dictionary to detect weak passwords.

Thoughts?
Ricky