Re: Removing users from sysadmin-* accounts

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 09:59:21PM -0600, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> System administration is a privilege as it gives access and control over
> many users resources and data. In order to best protect those assets, it
> is a normal procedure to remove people who do not seem to have need for
> that access anymore. Fedora Infrastructure policy is to remove special
> access to people who have not been using it in 60 days. Having gone
> through the user lists in wtmp, web logs and other data the following
> accounts will be removed from various system administration groups.
>
> People who are removed may reapply later to the infrastructure program
> when they feel they need access again. Accounts will not be removed
> from the infrastructure mailing list.
>
> Accounts will be removed by 2011-03-17 2000 UTC.

[...snip...]
> cmsadmin cyrushmh
> cmsadmin itbegins
> cmsadmin matheo
> cmsadmin schendje
> cmsadmin teb
> cmsadmin wonderer
[...snip...]

What timing!  At the Insight meeting on Monday we agreed to do this
ourselves:
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2011-03-14/insight.2011-03-14-19.01.html

If this is going to happen through a script, and not by someone
personally having to do more work on our team's behalf, I'll just let
it happen since it includes everyone we mentioned in our meeting.
There are a couple people on this list who are actually involved with
our group.  But if they're not logging in on the instance to exercise
this group membership, they probably don't need it right now.  So no
arguments here.

Red Hat Summit/JBossWorld -- Register now!  http://.theredhatsummit.com