Re: Fixes for git repos not configured as bare on hosted1

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 18:39:38 -0500
Todd Zullinger <tmz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It was reported that with the recent update to git-1.7.4.1 that a
> number of the repositories on hosted1 lacked the proper core.bare
> setting, which caused git to refuse to allow updates.  I added a check
> for the this to the git check-perms script and ran it with the -f
> option to fix up misconfigured repositories.  The output:
>
> $ time sudo git check-perms -f
...snip..

I think it would be ok to make this change, unless the output is very
different.

On this note what would people think of:

- Create a fedorahosted-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx list.
- Gather info on all "owners" of existing fedorahosted projects, uniq
  it and invite all of them to the new list.
- Change SOP or other scripts to add a "Would you like to be on the
  very low announcement list for hosted changes"
- Use the new list for low volume announcements like:

"transifex is moving"
or
"git is being upgraded"
or
"The commit hook is going to change slightly for git projects"
or
"There will be an outage..."

Thoughts?

kevin