Fwd: new Python deployment discussion group

FYI: Discussion group about best practices in deploying Python apps.

We use a lot of Python in production, so presumably this may be of
interest to folks here.

Hope this is helpful
Dave
--- Begin Message ---
Hello Boston Pythonistas,

At the DjangoCon conference [1] in Portland a couple weeks ago, I organized an open space session [2] to talk about best practices for deploying Python web applications. Many people expressed an interest in continuing the conversation after DjangoCon - hence the creation of this mailing list to share tips, ask questions and talk about ways to improve the deployment situation for Python.

You can join the group using any Google account at:
http://groups.google.com/group/python-deployment

I named the group Python deployment rather than Django deployment, since the deployment tools and methodologies that we use in the Django community (i.e. Fabric) are not unique to Django. I believe that there's much to be learned from other Python communities about how they deploy their web applications, so my hope is that this group will be a general discussion forum about best practices for deploying Python applications, no matter what particular framework you are using.

I've started collecting some resources, including links to blog posts, example fabfiles, articles and information about system configuration tools such as Puppet and Chef.
http://groups.google.com/group/python-deployment/files

Let me know if there's a better place to put this (Google Doc, wiki page, etc.) that would allow for easier collaboration.

Looking forward to the discussions!
Nate

[1] http://djangocon.us
[2] http://djangocon.us/wiki/openspace/