Re: [Fwd: Re: Results of Fedora Participation Survey?]

On Mon, 17 May 2010, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> work analyzing the survey results.  Basically, they need someone to
> run a few SQL queries via JSON:
>
> (1) The count of unique people, determined by full names and/or email
> addresses, active in at least one mailing list/group, which would
> provide an estimate of the number of active people in the Fedora
> Accounts System.  The count won't include actual names or addresses.

So we take the total set of FAS people and then look if that address is
subscribed to ANY of our mailing lists and if so then count them?

Is that right?

That count won't involve them actually POSTING, right?

> (2) The distribution of mailing lists/groups per person (e.g., X
> people are in 1 mailing list/group, Y people are in 2 mailing
> lists/groups, Z people in a 3 mailing lists/groups, etc), which would
> provide an estimate of how many mailing lists/groups active people are
> typically part of in the Fedora Accounts System.  Again, these counts
> won't include actual names or addresses

I wonder where mpdehaan is when you need to abuse him.

> In addition, there are some counts they need for specific lists/groups
> based on actual responses, and I can work with someone from
> Infrastructure to get those.

archives.

> Is there anyone who could assist me in pulling these numbers?  We can
> do this after Fedora 13 GA, if people are hosed with workload right
> now.  The researchers are aware people are always very busy around
> release time.

I can help. I reserve the right to cry and flagellate myself with some
sort of hooked whip.

-sv