Re: Fedora Hosted entry on Wikipedia

On Mon, Feb 01, 2010 at 10:35:45AM +0100, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> On 01/31/2010 09:16 PM, Till Maas wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 11:47:24AM -0800, Darren VanBuren wrote:
> >> Koji is for  building packages for Fedora, once they're approved to be
> >> included in Fedora's package repos. If we have resources and people
> >> put in a RFR for a Koji instance for hosted projects, we could run
> >> one.
> >
> > Imho this is more what would be needed:
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JesseKeating/KojiPersonalRepos
> >
> > Without these features in place, I cannot really imagine how a hosted
> > Koji instance could be used easily.
> >

> Scratch builds though do allow us to build virtually anything.

Only builds in Fedora can be used as build dependencies. This already
reduces the generic usability. Also scratch builds are removed after a
certain time, so one still needs to manually copy the rpms to somewhere
else and create a repository, which can then be used. It is better than
nothing, but imho not a full supported feature of Fedora Hosted.

Regards
Till