Re: [off-topic] Help requested:Query on dual/quad port NIC

On 10/28/2009 09:37 AM, susmit shannigrahi wrote:
Hi,

Can someone please help me with this?
This person is looking for an PCI-based quad-port NIC which will work
on Fedora/CentOS.

Thanks.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Indranil Das Gupta<indradg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 7:01 PM
Subject: Query on dual/quad port NIC

Susmit,

I'm looking for a PCI-based dual (preferably) quad-port NIC. The card
needs to work (preferably with all 4 ports functioning) on Fedora/CentOS (Linux
kernel 2.6.26 and upward (i386 arch))

thanks
-idg

I know you have already received several recommendations... but I did not see this one amoung them.

SUN created a quad port NIC many years ago... they called 'Happy Meal' because it was based a chipset called 'Big Mac'.

They routinely sell on ebay for less than $20 (USD).

Here's one example: http://cgi.ebay.com/SUN-4-PORT-NIC-CARD-10-100-QUAD-ETHERNET-501-5406-64BIT_W0QQitemZ370281441147QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item56367e677b

I know these work... because I have 2 of them I've used in the past.

Here's a page on the gadget: http://www.x1034a.com/
That'll give you the majority of the Technical Specs.

Lyos Gemini Norezel
begin:vcard
fn:Lyos Norezel
n:Norezel;Lyos
org:GBES, LLC
adr:;;;;Ohio;;United States
email;internet:Lyos.GeminiNorezel@xxxxxxxxx
title:Computer Repair Technician
note;quoted-printable:"Those who hunt monsters beware, lest they become monsters themselves.Ify=
	ou stare long into the abyss, the abyss stares back into you." --Nietzsch=
	e=0D=0A=
	=0D=0A=
	Mundus Vult Decipi et Decipiatur -- Latin Proverb
version:2.1
end:vcard