Re: Fedora Project, Stack Overflow and OpenID

On 2009-06-12 08:29:02 PM, Mat Booth wrote:
> I set up an instance of our OpenID provider so I can test on my local
> machine, but the StackOverflow login doesn't even get as far as it
> does with the operational instance. It just fails with a web request
> failed error.
>
> Compare the results of trying to log into StackOverflow from my test
> instance URL[1] with the results from the operational instance URL[2].
>
> Could this be because I'm using a non-standard port number on the test
> instance? It seems to be set up correctly because I can log into
> ThinkWiki[3], for example on both the test and operational instances.
Awesome, thanks for taking the time to get a test instance setup.  I
tried against your test instance, and the request error definitely
doesn't look right.  Do you think they might have a firewall or some
port restrictions on stackoverflow?  Would you like us to setup a test
instance for you on a publictest server which would be over port 80?

Thanks,
Ricky