Re: Intrusion Update

Hello,

What about the use of S/Key (one-time passwords) I think it is possible to deploy SSH with S/Key authentication. I haven't look into it that much but it could be a possible solution?

susmit shannigrahi wrote:
So I'm not quite sure how to 'fix' this problem.  By that I mean, even if
we knew this attack was going to happen I'm not totally sure of a feasible
solution, using only free software, that we could have used to fix it.
Obviously a physical rsa key or the like would have worked but I don't
think we have the manpower nor budget to implement such a system.  So I
ask the list, any ideas?

A single use random code/passwd mailed/texted each time one tries to
login and invalidated just after use??

Basically I am referring to RFC 2289[1]

[1]http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2289.txt

Thanks.