Re: Custom planets / Fedora Art

Seth Vidal wrote:

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008, Máirí­n Duffy wrote:

I maintain a planet server elsewhere, it is very easy to have custom planets running on the same install of planet. You just spin off a new planet .ini file and matching template file.

But the best feature of our Planet is that it is self-serviced, with the users adding/editing themselves. Otherwise I could run it on my own server and maybe push it to fedorapeople.

the template system for the .planet files I wrote allows for a user to make a .planet.something file and put the same or other info in it. Then another planet cronjob needs to be put in place passing that 'something' extension to it so it will look at those files and not the .planet files.

That's it.

This is what I remember and why I asked, here is my ticket: https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/1052

I also see a ticket for a pt_BR planet open for some months already: https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/712