extras_signers group in FAS

Is the "extras_signers" group in FAS still needed for anything?

Is it still used for ownership of any files on buildsys.fedoraproject.org?
(e.g. the pushscript cvs checkout) If so, can't the same files be owned by
the epel_signers? In either case, I no longer seem to be able to access those
files or the machine for a cvs up or for taking a look myself, so for me the
group is useless.

There's also an "extras-signers" email alias defined somewhere, which
has only received spam since the end of Fedora Extras. Any reason to keep
it?