Updating database schemas

Hello to other web app developers,

Xavier Lamien sent a message to me today about incompatibilities in database schemas between FAS versions 0.8.4 and 0.8.5. This prompted me to think about how we can help people update their databases if changes occur between versions of the database. For this particular update I added sql scripts to FAS in the updates/ directory and listed how to invoke them in the README. If you are updating your database schema and you are also packaging the software for general consumption (for instance, packaged in rpm form in Fedora proper), please consider how to manage this for your users. There's a variety of ways ranging from what I did to the `migrate`_ project (I haven't seen this appear in Fedora yet. Any takers?) leveraging tg-admin sql might work for simple cases like adding a new table but I haven't found that it will update existing tables.

In any case, remembering to document the procedure for other members of the code will be great.

.. migrate: http://code.google.com/p/sqlalchemy-migrate/