Re: Jigdo - A Professional Letter to Mike McGrath

Chuck Anderson wrote:
On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 08:48:10AM -0600, Mike McGrath wrote:
My concern with jigdo is with how many people use it? It seems silly to host both torrent and jigdo (as much of this letter points out the benefits of switching to jigdo, those benefits disappear if we simply add jigdo to the mix. Most people already have bittorrent. Lets say we were going to give Jigdo a trial run for Fedora 9 and we were going to judge jigdo a success if a certain % (compared to bittorrent) use jigdo. What % would that be?

Some people CAN'T use bittorrent because of firewalls. There should be no reason at all why anyone couldn't use Jigdo, because it uses standard FTP or HTTP to download the slices. There are clients available for all the important OSes.

Those that can't use bittorrent can use the mirrors as well.

   -Mike