Re: Account System Design Work (was Re: Infrastructure Design - Look & Feel)

Will Woods wrote:
I was itching to do a mockup so I decided to focus on the account system for a little bit:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/LookAndFeel/FedoraAccountSystemUsageNotes
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/LookAndFeel/FedoraAccountSystemUsageNotes?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=account-system-mock_your-account.1.png

1) Do we still need somewhere to upload an SSH key, or does the new
account system eliminate that need?

Well, this mockup is for what I think might be one of the most-common pages for folks to see in the account system - users that already have an account logging into their account or clicking on a 'my account' button somewhere to get an overview of their account.

Would it be useful in this scenario to have a line item for the SSH key to show that it's uploaded, to view the public key, and let them upload a new one?

2) How would one find the list of other groups to join/apply to? A nav
item or something?

*Good point* :) I'll have to add that in. :)

3) There is no way in *hell* I am approving Gaius Baltar's request to be
a sponsor.

Heh. I wouldn't either. Starbuck, maybe.

* Projects/Groups could set different RSS information feeds, eg feeds of their mailing list(s), feeds of developer blogs/planets, irc bot rss feed :) , anything else really. And on a per project basis this page could display that information, maybe grouped into different categories.

Very yes. I want the QA team to see feeds of packages that need testing,
bugs that need triaging, etc.

Also - and may be bit off-topic - I'd love for new users to get Mugshot
accounts along with their bugzilla/wiki/etc. stuff. Once you have
mugshot membership for all users (and mugshot groups for each group) it
seems like some of the RSS feed stuff would magically fall into place on
its own.

Might be worth looking at. I wish I had sat in on the Mugshot talk at FUDcon.

That's my two-centibucks worth.

Cool, thanks! :)

~m