Re: Quick introduction, infrastructure stuff for qa

On 1/16/07, Will Woods <wwoods@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi there!

I'm Will Woods, and I'm the lead tester / head of QA for Fedora.

We're hard at work on bunches of tools and ideas to help test Fedora and
make things better.. faster.. stronger.

Right now, we've got a couple of repositories of packages for testing
that live in David Malcolm's people page:
http://people.redhat.com/dmalcolm/tablecloth/

We're also going to be writing some web apps that will need somewhere to
live - something to keep track of testing progress / results, some
bugzilla-related stuff, a frontend for an automated test lab, and so on.
We don't have any hosting for any of it right now, but I'd like this
stuff to live somewhere like http://qa.fedoraproject.org/.

I'd like to have an official QA repo for our test tools and test
packages, hosted at something like http://qa.fedoraproject.org/repo/.

Most importantly, we need some help very soon. We currently have a
problem - dmalcolm is out of disk quota, so he can't push bugfixed
versions of the test tools out until we get a new host for the repos.
This is bad!

The amount of disk space we'll need is quite small - I think the
packages currently take up something like 3MB. We'll be collecting test
data and results and accumulating tests, but I don't anticipate this
being a significant amount of data (say >10GB) for months, maybe years.

Can we make this stuff happen? How do we get started?

Yooo Will.  This should be very doable.  What exactly will be in the
space and how will it get there?  Will you need a shell?  Will you
need shell access from the outside world?  Will the
hosted.fedoraproject.org site work?

          -Mike