Re: New accounts LDAP server running

On Jan 4, 2007, at 10:03 PM, TomLy wrote:

test5.fedora.phx.redhat.com has an instance of FDS running on it with
the current schemas and sample data that I've been working with. For a
primer on the schema, please see
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/AccountSystem2/ Schema .Pretty screenshot attached.

I need to figure out the group situation still and hope to solidify the
schema so that development against it may commence.  I have already
tested and verified apache authentication against it using
mod_authnz_ldap.

Just noticed that the project_group.prerequisite_id field is not carried over to the new schema, and the page didn't sound like there was a general understanding of why the field is there.

It's there to allow you to specify that anyone who joins a group must be in another group first. Most of the time it is used to enforce CLA compliance for a particular group, by setting cla_done as a prerequisite for any groups that give access that needs the CLA (e.g. all the cvs* groups).

AFAIK, enforcing CLA compliance is a must for the future, and if we're going to implement a solution for that, it might as well be generic (instead of just a 'needs_cla' field in the DB, for example).

Best,
-- Elliot