Re: publictest2 net traffic

Jeffrey Tadlock wrote:

Luke Macken wrote:
I poked around at publictest2 last night, which doesn't seem to be
public at all. I also was not able to get any traffic out. If anyone
has a free second, could you take a look at this?

It looks like the default gateway was set incorrectly on publictest2. I
corrected that and it seems to be working fine now.

Since it's public, I also installed denyhosts and set it to start
automatically. I also set sshd to only accept public key logins for now.

I used to run DenyHosts on all my servers, but switched to Fail2ban [0] because it creates (temporary) iptables rules instead of entries in /etc/hosts.deny. Is there any particular reason you're chosing DenyHosts over others? Do you use it's synchronization feature?

Nils.

[0] http://fail2ban.sourceforge.net/