Re: Project hosting thoughts

On 11/19/06, Jesse Keating <jkeating@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Friday 17 November 2006 07:41, Jesse Keating wrote:
> As a proof of concept

I was able to get a proof of concept going.

http://publictest3.fedora.redhat.com/

The hg repo that feeds pungi is just a local clone.  I'd like to hear thoughts
on how to give trac access to our hosted git and hg and cvs repos.  Are they
on NFS anywhere?  Also, I think I had to chown apache.apache the repo, but I
could be wrong, I need to verify.

Authentication works through the Fedora account system, but right now it's not
ssl.  If somebody wants to make it ssl, please do!  When I setup the pungi
trac instance, I named 'jkeating' as the admin.  This gave me the ability to
use the web-admin plugin of trac to finish the last mile configuration for my
project, and would allow me to assign permissions to other folks.  I'd just
need to know their fedora account name.

All in all I think this is pretty slick, and it wouldn't take _too_ much to
automate in some way.  Until then we could have a project request page that
people could propose projects and some admin could create a trac instance for
that project for the user.  There is some work being done on a 'trac-forge'
that would allow users to create new projects on the fly, we might be able to
source share with that project.

Anyway, what do ya'all think?

Matthew, can you setup a CNAME hosted.fedoraproject.org ->
publictest3.fedora.redhat.com ?  I'd like to use this proof of concept for
pungi, and approach project leaders for mock and plague to see if they'd like
a trac instance too.

Just got this one done, hosted.fedoraproject.org should be available now.

            -Mike