Re: [Fedora-infrastructure-list] Backup thread

On Jun 27, 2006, at 15:09, Curt Moore wrote:

As much as it pains me to mention it (as I think of NFS), would it be
worth looking at some sort of centralized storage so that the home
directories are the same across all boxes?  Likely NFS is not the best
solution here but it's the first that came to mind.

So my impression is that we're supposed to have some disk space available on the NetApp there...

I think, though, that we want to avoid encouraging people to store anything in their home directories at this point, because then we wind up starting being a shell-account-hoster instead of focusing on making Fedora better.

If we do really need shared homedirs, let's look into putting them on the NetApp. Otherwise, let's just not worry about backing them up...

Best,
-- Elliot