[Fedora-infrastructure-list] Backup thread

Hey guys, thought I'd start a backup thread. One thing I'd like to start doing is backing up the home directories, I've had my home dir blown out a couple of times that resulted in script loss. Same thing happened recently to some of the FESCo candidates who had their access revoked to ensure a fair election :-D.

Refer to previous meeting notes and list emails for whats been said so far but here's the short list:

bacula, amanda, rsync and scrips, rdiff-backup

dgilmore is one of the guys leading the backup stuffbut participation is encouraged by everyone. I'd like to throw backuppc in the list just because I use it / like it. It might be good for our environment. I get the sense that bacula is the current front runner. One thing should be noted. Whatever system we go with needs to be in Extras or Core so we can guarantee ongoing support. But lots of good products have gotten into our repos this way (Nagios :-P).

I'd prefer whatever we choose to have native ssh tunnel support. if this isn't possible we can always create the tunnels manually. For those that aren't familiar we have 2 primary sites, one in Phoenix and one at Duke. These two sites are somewhat linked but still pretty separate.

Any thoughts / suggestions?