Re: Automatic extraction of translations files

ok, i understand, but I'm using https://pypi.org/project/translation-finder/ to find files.

It allows to detect any kind of files supported by Weblate which makes it quite efficient to get translations. And the dev is really reactive (see issues I opened last year). Any bug reported also improve our translation platform.

In addition, with this, it is easy for me to run test on a single package and then to extract files.

what would be the output of the API? An information on where to find the package? or will it tell where to find the translations files? Or provide the translations files directly?

what would be the information required for this API to get results? the package name?

what's the benefit of using an API to talk with transtats instead of subscribing to Fedora tooling to know when a new package goes to the pipeline and download it?

in the future, I would like to reuse the translation files to produce other packages such as system wide langpacks. Eventually with new translations coming from translation memory/translation machine or even manual modification.
--
Jean-Baptiste