OpenID login to be disabled on translate.zanata.org

As part of the Zanata 4.4 upgrade, we will cease support for OpenID login on translate.zanata.org

Our recent analysis has shown that some OpenID providers return HTTP-based OpenID identities, even when the login is initiated via HTTPS. This introduces an element of risk to OpenID authentication and also forces the use of looser firewall rules. For the security of the service, we have decided to discontinue OpenID support. Local username/password authentication is still supported.

Your username, profile and contributions will not be affected.  To switch to local authentication from your existing OpenID login, please use “Forgot your password?” on the login screen to reset the password. A password reset mail will be sent to the email address you registered.

The command line client and Zanata Jenkins plugin will continue to work without modification.

Regards,
--
Ding-Yi CHEN

Software Engineer, Globalization Group