Re: Reminder: Fedora i18n meeting tomorrow 06:00 UTC #fedora-meeting

Le 19/07/2016 à 13:00, pravin.d.s@xxxxxxxxx a écrit :
Hi All,

    We have our bi-weekly i18n meeting tomorrow. Agenda is at [1]
Important points to discuss tomorrow are F25 change proposals, Bug
triaging activity and flock plans.
    Feel free to suggest missing topics.

Thanks,
Pravin

1.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/I18N/Meetings/2016-07-20<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/I18N/Meetings/2016-07-20>

I won't be present, but I attended fosco meeting. It's still discussing a lot about defining who should be permanent members and what should be the objectives.

As I don't understand every aspect of Fedora projects' politics, I jus pushed a subject wich I think should be known. I'm not sure Noriko was present as I don't know her IRC nickname, she should have been there for more global G11N representation.

Here is what I said :
14:00:04 <jibec> As a translator point of view, it looks like clear we need to translate packages content to reach end users, but it turns to be very unclear for community activities (the only exception is static websites). Does Fedora Project want to help creation of multi-lingual cooperation or should it exist elsewhere ? What’s the positioning of the existing fedora planet, ask.fp.o or the incoming fedora-devel or fedora-hubs ? I hope that kind of questions and monitor it. At the moment, there isn’t much work for community translator : website and a few packages.

The answer by https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Cwickert :
<cwickert> jibec: I'm afraid we cannot answer the question yet. it depends on our strategy on the one hand an the resources of your team on the other

I hope this strategy will arrive in the future.

Full log is available at this address :
https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-council/2016-07-18/fosco.2016-07-18-13.00.log.html
--
Jean-Baptiste Holcroft