Re: Glibc Locale subpackaging test day

"pravin.d.s@xxxxxxxxx" <pravin.d.s@xxxxxxxxx> さんはかきました:

> On 2 March 2016 at 22:21, Adam Williamson <adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 2016-03-02 at 21:58 +0530, pravin.d.s@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> > Hi All,
>> >
>> >    Glibc locale subpackaging [1] is critical change for Fedora 24. In
>> last
>> > meeting Jens suggested an idea of having dedicated test day for this
>> change.
>> >
>> >     Just continuing discussion on that.
>> >     1. Change is not available in Fedora 24
>>
>> Er, it landed last week and broke everything :) It seems to have been
>> improved now, though.
>>

> My bad  s/not/now :)
>

>> >     2. Other missing things?
>> >         Test cases availabiltiy
>>
>> Yeah, I'm not sure exactly what we need/want to test here?
>>

> Mike can provide more info here.

- During an upgrade from f23, one should not lose the locales, all
  locales should be installed by default (glibc-all-langpacks should
  get installed by default)
- glibc-all-langpacks should contain /usr/lib/locale/locale-archive,
  therefore, when using a locale only that archive file should be opened
  (fewer stats, slightly faster then using locales from folders).
- after upgrading it should be possible to install any one of the
  individual langpacks like glibc-langpack-en (or even
  glibc-minimal-langpack) and then remove glibc-all-langpacks to get
  only a small list of locales and save disk
  space. glibc-minimal-langpack is just a dummy package fulfilling the
  requirement to have the meta package "glib-langpack" installed but
  it contains no locales at all, so only C/POSIX locales are left when
  only glibc-minimal-langpack is installed.
- "dnf install langpacks-<language code>" (e.g. "dnf  install langpacks-de")
  should automatically install the suitable glibc-langpack-??.
  I.e. "dnf install langpacks-de" should also install glibc-langpack-de,
  "dnf install langpacks-zh_TW" should also install glibc-langpack-zh.

>> >          What is appropriate date? Alpha freeze??
>> >          Creating test day page.
>>
>> You can file a trac ticket for the Test Day event creation stuff in the
>> usual way, https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Test_Days/Create .
>>

> Sure, as you suggested once get useful test case.

Maybe it is enough to add the glibc locale sub-packaging as
another thing to test to the regular i18n test day?

--
Mike FABIAN <mfabian@xxxxxxxxxx>
睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵だ。