Report on ibus-typing-booster session happen in language summit 2013 at Red Hat Pune

Hi All,

    We had this session on open source language summit happened at Red Hat Pune office.
Anish presented on brief history regarding ibus-typing-booster how it evolved over the time from indic-typing-booster to ibus-typing-booster.

     If followed by Demonstration of features by me and then testing event.

     I am glad to mention everyone appreciated it and agreed that when they earlier tested  (before one year may be) it was had some usability issues and now they are not due to options available in setting and interested in using it more. Around 20+ participants were there including some Debian developers (Kartik, VasudevK).

     Following are the suggestions and some bugs, Satya will reports these soon against itb in more details.

     1. It should be thoroughly tested in Zanata and lokalize which most of the l10n people use for long time.
     2. ibus-typing-booster must support surrounding text. Krishnababu shown me this error.
     3. U+200D is not getting committed in user db (Ani peter) reported this.
     4. We are committing space after each selection that annoys some of the users :) So we got request from Shankar for making it optional, the same way we have other things optional.

    I am planning for bit more improved webpage for ibus-typing-booster project. Work in progress for it :)  But if you wanna take a look at it. It is available at openshift [1] presently.  Suggestions are welcome.

    Would like to Thanks Anish, Mike for wonderful work in last 1+ year on itb, i hope with more such event we can achieve our goals behind this project and also thanks to Sneha for help on webpage [1]

Cheers,
Pravin Satpute

1. http://itb-i18n.rhcloud.com/