Re: Fonts with default Fedora installation

On Mon, 2013-08-26 at 17:15 +0530, pravin.d.s@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi,
>

>   Recently i done packaging of google-noto-fonts [1] for Fedora. With
> this font we got number of new script fonts of Unicode which were not
> available earlier. [2]

Sorry to pick old emails, I have a devel@ backlog currently.

Just a plea to please be very conservative introducing new packages (and
hence extra size) to the default set, as both the DVD and desktop live
images are currently (Alpha, and Beta TC1) oversize and need trimming. I
think we should aim to have sufficient font coverage for all practical
out-of-the-box Fedora usage, but try and do so as efficiently as
possible, at least as long as we're sticking to current image size
targets. Thanks!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey