From: "Parag Nemade" <pnemade@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: i18n@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 2:24:00 PM
Subject: Re: More lndic language support in Android 4.1 release

Hi,
    Android 4.1 source code is now released. I had a look into source
code and found that for supported Indic scripts following fonts are used

1) Bengali        ->    Lohit-Bengali.ttf
2) Devanagari  ->    DroidSansDevanagari-Regular.ttf
3) Kannada      ->    Lohit-Kannada.ttf
4) Malayalam   ->     AnjaliNewLipi-light.ttf
5) Tamil            ->    DroidSansTamil-Regular.ttf and
DroidSansTamil-Bold.ttf
6) Telugu          ->    Lohit-Telugu.ttf

Lohit fonts project is used for 3 scripts in Jelly Bean source code.

On 28/06/12 12:04, Parag Nemade wrote:
> Hi,
>    Many of you now know that Google has released Android 4.1 (Jelly
> Bean). This time its really nice to see that they have actually added
> a new section on the language support[1] in the feature list of Jelly
> Bean.
>    Now we have six Indic language support in Android 4.1 release.
> These languages are Bengali, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Tamil and Telugu.
>
> Regards,
> Parag.
>
> [1] http://developer.android.com/about/versions/jelly-bean.html#intl
> --