IBus new Control+Space window

    IBus new Control+Space window <http://desktopi18n.wordpress.com/2012/02/16/ibus-new-controlspace-window>

via DesktopI18N's Blog <http://desktopi18n.wordpress.com> by fujiwara on 2/15/12

Recently I updated ibus to 1.4.99.20120203-3 in Fedora 17 or later.
The ibus is not available in upstream yet but we would need the new ibus for Fedora 17. It enhances:

  * Performance of Control+Space.
  * New Control+Space GUI window.
  * IBus indicator can work without ibus-daemon on gnome-shell to handle XKB only.

Previously ibus-daemon handles the trigger key, Control+Space, and some of the performance problems were happened when input method engines are
switched. Now the ibus status icon on panel handles Control+Space and I hope the performance issue was fixed.

Previously the trigger key switches a previous ibus engine and next engine. Now the trigger key behaves to switch multiple engines likes Alt+Tab. If
you use Control+Shift+Space, the reverse switching is called. The following is the new window with ibus GTK:
IBus Switcher Window with ibus-ui-gtk3 <http://desktopi18n.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/ibus-switcher-20120216.png>
The following is the new window with ibus-gnome3 on gnome-shell:
IBus Switcher Window with ibus-gnome3 on gnome-shell <http://desktopi18n.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/gnome-shell-ibus-switcher-20120216.png>
IBus menu with ibus-gnome3 on gnome-shell <http://desktopi18n.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/gnome-shell-ibus-menu-20120216.png>
IBus lookup window with ibus-gnome3 on gnome-shell <http://desktopi18n.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/gnome-shell-ibus-lookup-window-20120216.png>

Requirements:

# yum install ibus ibus-gnome3 gnome-shell gjs
# rpm -q ibus gnome-shell gjs
ibus-1.4.99.20120203-3.fc17.x86_64
gnome-shell-3.3.5-1.fc17.x86_64
gjs-1.31.10-1.fc17.x86_64

Currently we use the devel branch with ibus and ibus-gjs git and when the upstream is updated, I will move the devel branch to master.

  * https://github.com/phuang/ibus/tree/devel <https://github.com/phuang/ibus/tree/deve>
  * https://github.com/fujiwarat/ibus/tree/gtk3-vala
  * https://github.com/fujiwarat/ibus-gjs/tree/gtk3-vala