Re: ibus-mozc: Google's Japanese conversion engine

Hi Utusmi-san,

----- "UTUMI Hirosi" <utuhiro78@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Google Japan released "Mozc" and I packed it for Mandriva.
> Maybe you can use it for Fedora easily.
> Mozc is a Google's Japanese conversion engine.

Thanks for posting about this interesting news.

> - Is Mozc better than Anthy?
> Mozc doesn't have enough slangs or proper names,
> but it's good for basic or proper Japanese conversion.
> This is the first release of Mozc, so I don't think you
> should use it for the default Japanese engine in the next Fedora
> release.

Yeah probably first stage should be to get the package
added to fedora so more people can try it.
AFAIK there has not been an official tarball release yet.
Hopefully it will be actively maintained
and allow for community contributions at some point. :)

Tagoh-san also made initial packages for Fedora:

http://tagoh.fedorapeople.org/ibus-mozc/

> 2. Kill current ibus daemon.
> $ killall ibus-daemon
> 3. Run ibus.
> $ ibus-setup
> 4. Run ibus-mozc.
> $ /usr/_lib64_/ibus-engine-mozc
> (for x86_64)

I would just do:

2. restart ibus from menu (Right click -> Restart)
3. add mozc in ibus-setup
4. select it for input to input-context

:)

Thanks, Jens