Re: IBus UI review

On 02/19/2009 04:09 AM, Matthias Clasen wrote:
On Wed, 2009-02-18 at 16:14 +0800, Peng Huang wrote:
On 02/18/2009 02:03 PM, Matthias Clasen wrote:

Did you understand what I said about focus-follows-mouse ? Anyway,
another way in which the toolbar is problematic is caused by the odd way
in which input methods are started before the rest of the session. The
toolbar appears way before other parts of the desktop, and hangs there,
naked, in front of the background. Can we keep it hidden until the
status icon has been embedded in the panel, please ?

I do not understand 'focus-follows-mouse' well. Please explain it to me.
Another question, how do I know when the systray is ready?

By focus-follows-mouse, I mean the "Select windows when the mouse moves
over them" option in the "Windows" capplet. If you turn that on, and
move the move from the window you are working in towards the toolbar or
statusicon, the window looses focus and the status icon/toolbar turn
inactive, so you can't do whatever you wanted to there in the first
place...
I understood the problem now. We could make the panel close to the input cursor or window. But it will be a little annoying. Do you have any idea?
To know when the statusicon is embedded in the panel, you can listen for
the "notify::embedded" signal on the GtkStatusIcon.
It could work. But how to deal some desktop without sys tray? Do you know other ways to check if the session startup is over?