Re: F9 Feature planning meeting

Jens Petersen said the following on 11/19/2007 11:53 PM Pacific Time:
The Fedora I18n project is going to have a project meeting next week to discuss our feature plans for Fedora 9.

Time:    2007-11-29 05:00 UTC [1]
Place:    #fedora-meeting

If you have ideas for i18n related features please submit them before the meeting. If you are unable to attend you can also follow up with any comments afterwards to the meeting summary/log.

Some of the current possible features we are considering include:

- Handwriting recognition for Chinese characters
- IM Desktop integration
- Fonts
  - Thai fonts and support
  - new default Japanese font: VLGothic-fonts
  - additional fonts for current languages

Other suggestions and proposals are most welcome.

I am sorry I was unable to attend you last meeting on IRC.

I worked with Paul Frields to put together a detailed Fedora 9schedule for the Docs team. Several of their milestones depend on work by the translation team.

http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-9/f-9-docs-tasks.html

Would a similar schedule be helpful for your team? I would be glad to work with you to build it.

John