Re: Call for a Fedora I18n meeting

Nicolas Mailhot さんは書きました:
+ extented (multimedia) key Fedora target (wait-and-see, active
Fedora push, to evdev or not to evdev?)
Not quite sure how this relates to i18n.  Are you proposing
to use it for international input or something?

Fixing Fedora input needs switching to evdev someday. It's very likely
this switch will unearth bugs in the handling of international
keyboards, as most evdev testers probably only use western keyboards
(probably not too difficult to fix stuff, but i18n should be ready for
the switch)

Ok, I would like to know more - some pointers would be useful.
Is it closer to kernel kbd handling?

That's why other distros have i18n hubs with a strong presence and
activity. It's dishearting to notice time and time again other distros
manage to get problem reports for stuff which was pushed in Fedora
months before without anyone reacting.

I hear what you are saying and agree completely. I think we have been aware of the problem but have not had the resources to address them yet. We certainly have some things we need to learn from them. I think this may be something that needs to be pushed higher up to FESCO or the Board, but together with L10N project I think we can help to lay the groundwork for that by providing good input, examples and ideas.

Jens