Re: [Fedora-i18n-list] Re: Japanese input _almost_ working in English FC2 (KDE)

Hi Leon,

Thanks for your response. A run of "rpm -qa | grep iim" gave me:
iiimf-le-inpinyin-0.3-2
iiimf-le-xcin-0.1.5-1
iiimf-protocol-lib-11.4-46.svn1587
iiimf-le-newpy-11.4-46.svn1587
iiimf-server-11.4-46.svn1587
iiimf-csconv-11.4-46.svn1587
iiimf-gtk-11.4-46.svn1587
iiimf-le-unit-11.4-46.svn1587
iiimf-docs-11.4-46.svn1587
iiimf-le-hangul-11.4-46.svn1587
iiimf-le-canna-11.4-46.svn1587
iiimf-client-lib-11.4-46.svn1587
iiimf-x-11.4-46.svn1587

FYI, Traditional Chinese input worked fine for me in both Mozilla and licq with version iiimf-*-11.4-43. I think that was before the IM switcher applet was installed.

I also ran "ps -ef | grep xbe" and confirmed that the htt_xbe process is running. The Chinese mode can be toggled in licq using Ctrl-Space, but the IME mode seems to be independent from the gnome-im-switcher-applet input mode (i.e. the applet still shows 英數 although licq is no longer accepting my input as English characters). Instead, a white box popped up whenever I try to input something in Chinese mode.

Any ideas are welcome.

Thank you,
Colin

Leon Ho wrote:

What is your version number of IIIMF? iiimf*-46.svn* may works with you
better right now.

For licq, make sure 'htt_xbe' process is running.

Regards,
Leon