Uniscribe support for locl

I asked this on typophile beucase I saw the question mark in the
DejaVu wiki, and MS has no info on their site about it. Apparently
Vista and Office 2007 support locl, but it's enabled based on the
"default language system" setting. I have no clue what it means, and I
have neither Vista nor Office 2007, so I cannot test it. A new API
must be used to enable it for a non-default language. Source:
http://typophile.com/node/47683