Re: [free-electronic-lab] Using the NavChip with fedora

Hi Ankur,

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 1:20 PM, Ankur Sinha <sanjay.ankur@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think I managed to get it to work (completely by random
experimentation):

> [root@ankur ~]# stty -F /dev/ttyUSB0 921600 clocal
> [root@ankur ~]# chmod 0777 /dev/ttyUSB0
> [ankur@ankur Navchip]$ echo -ne "\xA5\x00\x5b" > /dev/ttyUSB0 #PING
>
> [ankur@ankur Navchip]$ echo -ne "\xA5\x05\x56" > /dev/ttyUSB0 # start streaming

I had cat /dev/ttyUSB0 > log.txt in another terminal, and the file is
full of data :D

I still need to understand what I exactly did, and why it worked etc.,
but I'm sure the web will have this info.

Every evaluation or development kit should have a Getting Started Guide.

As per my understanding you should do following :

1) Setup minicom with proper setting for BPS and where the USB to Serial converter gets attached
    on host.
2) After you save the settings and exit minicom should read the data from the sensor kit and display it
 on the terminal.

Why ? I think the sensor will capture/produce the data and will through it to the serial port. MEMS should act as input device here.

Usually MEMS should be connected to at least 4 LED's to act as 4 direction and when the sensor is moved it should light up the LED in that direction. This might be the best way to test it.

--
Thank You and Warm Regards,

Chetan Arvind Patil,
www.chetanpatil.info