[free-electronic-lab] Newbie question: How to create the power rails portion of the schematic

The symbol creation guide says to add only net designations for power
rails.  I didn't find any documentation on the following things I would
need (I think, but I don't know much here):

1.  The power rails for bypassing and routing concerns.  This means I
need to add caps to the schematic in some fashion.

2.  n/c pins.  I think they could be treated much like the power pins,
with nc or n/c as the function.  Should these be an actual pin listed as
"don't show" or should they be net only like the power pins?

I have put these two topics together, because I believe they are related
in how the schematic software and the PCB software will handle them.  I
could be wrong.

Please help, and think about how to document these two issues.  I don't
know where they would go, but they should probably be added to the
warmup or tutorial to illustrate a key point about power distribution
and bypassing.

Regards,
Les H