Re: [free-electronic-lab] GUI Interface to import new .sym components.

Hi keith,

I've only played with gschem off the FEL Live CD. I like
QUCS as it's easy to use.

How do you actually design a custom component with gEDA?

Will the GUI also allow one to design the component
onscreen, and then automatically generate the said .sym file
from your design, then allow you to add that to the
component libray?

Due to time constraint I did not designed any component.

This is what I did:
1) Went to this website : http://www.gedasymbols.org/
2) Searched my component which weren't in gschem.
3) Downloaded particular file and gave it .sym extension
4) Copied it to :  /usr/share/gEDA/sym/

I wanted to ask whether it is possible to have this procedure done with gschem.
I am suggesting for an Import Component Feature.

You can design components in gschem : Here Is the tutorial

Hope I cleared my view.

--
Thank You and Warm Regards,

Chetan Arvind Patil,