Re: [free-electronic-lab] Fwd: additional packages for FEL

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: amal joshua <joshua.amal [AT] gmail DOT com>
Date: 27 July 2011 08:03
Subject: additional packages for FEL

Hi,

          Please could you add 64-bit rpms of Oregano,Ksimus,Klogic,
and antenna modelling programs like qantenna fedora package database.
I don´t know if its possible to add some RF modelling software on
fedora.You could convert or compile some cool debian packages of
electronics related software  into fedora rpms.I think other than
alliance cad tools there are a huge number of software in
debian/ubuntu otherwise unavailable in fedora.

A previously a user of ubuntu , now using fel.
Thanks in advance

PS: I think I should learn how to make rpms from source. Any tips on that.

Hi Joshua.

I found this free online book most helpfull.

http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm-snapshot/

There are other resources found here:

http://www.rpm.org/wiki/Docs#Books

You will need to setup a user account to build RPM packages.

NEVER build packages as root user!!!

If you want to sign those packages then you will need to use GPG - Gnu Privacy Guard, which superceeds PGP.

http://www.gnupg.org/

You can also join the RPM user's mailing list for any other help you need:

Happy packaging & Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts

Websites:
http://www.karsites.net