Re: [free-electronic-lab] electronic-lab Digest, Vol 26, Issue 2

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 1:14 AM, <electronic-lab-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 21:43:50 +0200
From: Chitlesh GOORAH <chitlesh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [free-electronic-lab] ngspice .PRINT I(<component>) won't
       work
To: electronic-lab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 13 September 2010 21:10, Ashwith Rego <ashwith@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi
> I've just begun using ngspice and found that I cannot plot the current
> output. Also, I cannot specify the name of a circuit component in a .PRINT
> or .PLOT statement. Only the node numbers seem to work. Here is an example:
> Ohm' Law
> Vin 1 0 5
> R1 0 1 10K
> .DC Vin 1 5 1
> .PRINT DC V(R1)
> .END
>
> ngspice doesn't seem to recognize R1 in the .PRINT statement. I get the
> following error:

Hello there,

According to the ngspice manual,
$ evince `rpm -ql ngspice | grep pdf`

V(N1,N2) specifi es the voltage diff erence between nodes N1 and N2.

Your netlist should rather entail :
.PRINT DC V(1,0)

End of electronic-lab Digest, Vol 26, Issue 2
Hi Chitlesh

Looking at in again I confused myself reading a few examples. I read the manual again. It makes sense now. Thanks for pointing it out :)

Regards
--
Ashwith J. Rego