Re: [fedora-electronic-lab] upcoming gtkwave 3.3.0

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 11:53 PM, Nigel noldsworth
<noldsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just came across this group about GTKwave.
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.vhdl/browse_thread/thread/fe0a39910e7d682a#
>
> Since Chitlesh seems to like tcl/tk from his blog posts, are we going
> to see more gtkwave integration with alliance, instead of the default
> alliance's limited waveform viewer?

Hello Nigel,

I'm excited to see more tcl scripting support on this upcoming GTKwave release.

However, Alliance development stopped. There is an initiative by
Mukund to fork alliance and called it "herb".
https://www.banu.com/herb/

Maybe Mukund can comment on this. Indeed, GTKwave is very mature and
using with alliance/herb would be great for both developers and users.

Chitlesh

--
Chitlesh GOORAH
Fedora Electronic Lab