[Fedora-electronic-lab] Re: gnucap snapshots instead of 0.35 stable

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 7:06 AM, Rakesh Pandit <> wrote:
> Thanks Chitlesh, I will pick it up in a day or two. But, are you bit of sure
> that snapshots are stable enough to be pushed in rawhide.
>
> I would surely push it in rawhide and sort of test it a bit, before planning
> for stable. In case you can confirm that it is stable enough in rawhide then
> in a week or so we can push it to testing.
>
> @ cc gcompris maintainer .

I haven't yet tested these gnucap snapshots. However Al Davis is
regularly releasing gnucap snapshots. So if we feed him with our
feedbacks, I think he will be pleased to get them fixed. But if it
breaks gcompris then we shouldn't update it.

I would suggest that you create some scratch builds and put them into
your FASusername.fedorapeople.org for the time being and notify the
FEL's mailing list when you update your private builds. Hence we can
test them.

The reason why I want to get these gnucap snapshots is because we have
7 standard cell libraries (more than 300MB) (pharosc) which needs to
be re-characterised, especially those of 0.13µm. Upstream is using
"winspice" to characterise them since some features on gnucap or
ngspice are still missing for such advanced characterisations.

Kind regards,
Chitlesh