Re: [Fedora-electronic-lab] Dead Upstream what should we do ?

Hi,

--- On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 2:42 AM, Chitlesh GOORAH
| It is fairly easy to write a script to create such a yelp
| infrastructure. The latter will then be called directly from the
| Electronics menu on the gnome menu.
\--

Just want to discuss this further as our list of packages is growing day-by-day:

1. Whatever documentation made for a particular software can be pushed
upstream, so we keep track of only one set of sources. We will do
documentation in LaTeX or DocBook, so we abstract content with
presentation, and it will greatly help us in the long run.

2. In Yelp, we can provide links to all relevant installed package
documentation? If that can be done, it will only be linking to the
respective files? or else we will need something similar in the lines
of .desktop files that can simply pin-point to where the doc/, man/,
info/ pages for each software/tool that is shipped, and are
independent of desktop environments.

3. We will also need to provide documentation on suggested workflows
with various tools that are shipped, so people can follow it.

Feedback welcome,

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan