Re: [Fedora-electronic-lab] FEL website clarification

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 6:06 AM, Shakthi Kannan <shakthimaan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Chitlesh,
>
> Couple of clarifications required. In the website:
> http://chitlesh.fedorapeople.org/FEL/

The new website is http://spins.fedoraproject.org/fel/. All the
contents of http://chitlesh.fedorapeople.org/FEL/ are now in
http://spins.fedoraproject.org/fel/. I have to :
- fix all the images so that css overlay feature works on the images
- update the contents with respect to new solutions we provide

once I've fixed these, I'll redirect
http://chitlesh.fedorapeople.org/FEL/ to
http://spins.fedoraproject.org/fel/

If anyone feels that I miss something some features of their tools on
http://spins.fedoraproject.org/fel#portfolio, please let me know.

> 1. It mentions, "No licenses required and it is free". Sometimes,
> customers only ask for 'licensed' software, and Free/Open Source
> Software _is_ licensed. Can this be re-phrased to something like
> "Licensed software and free to use, modify and distribute"?

True. This is indeed a confusion. The reason behind "No license" was
to differentiate between proprietary expensive node license, its
purchase and its configuration and no such thing with FOSS software.

How about changing this
>>> No licenses required and it is free.
into
?

> 2. Can we also mention it as "Free/"Open Source EDA community
> provider/builder etc.?

Ok I will change it tonight.

Kind regards,
Chitlesh