Re: [Fedora-electronic-lab] Webpage for Binary packages

I'm asking for Qucs to link to FEL. So users on Qucs download page should be directed to FEL page and be able to download binary packages of Qucs for any version of Fedora. These packages are maintained by Fedora and not Qucs

Or just ask Qucs to include instructions on how to install Qucs on fedora "yum install qucs" instead of directing users to an outdated page that doesn't even exist.

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 1:43 AM, Chitlesh GOORAH <chitlesh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 4:41 PM, Ziyad Saeed < hidden > wrote:
> Hello Everyone
> I was gong through QUCS download webpage and noted that it links to an
> extremely outdated webpage for fedora rpms. FEL does have up to date
> binaries for QUCS but they are downloadable from a webpage. it would be nice
> if there was a webpage with links to these binaries and we can send that
> link to ALL the electronics packages that are part of FEL. This should boast
> exposure of FEL

First qucs is available under fedora repositories, since Fedora Core 3
as suggested by
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/qucs

As a rule of thumb, we should avoid linking to third parties website
1. Fedora Legal does not like it
2. Security reasons of the targetted software
3. Maintenance of wiki pages/manpower will be required, to verifiy if
materials are removed from the linked page

If a software is missing under the Fedora umbrella, ask some on the
fedora-devel mailing list to package it. If it is FEL related, file a
ticket :)

Chitlesh
--
Chitlesh GOORAH