[Fedora-electronic-lab] Re: Please review your section in FEL-12's release notes

Hi Chitlesh,

Having in mind the upcoming Toped bugfix release I would like to submit some changes related to the release notes. In an attempt to save you some time - please find below the edited notes (p.8).

The new release is scheduled for the end of this week. I hope you'll be able to see the source tarball in Friday.

Regards
Svilen

Updated to the consolidation release 0.9.5. The Fedora Toped package sets the variable $TPD_GLOBAL to /usr/share/toped by default so that the user could run toped out of the box. Graham Petley and Svilen Krustev provided 2 TELL files[5] as a demonstration how toped can interact with Pharosc Standard Cells via toped’s GDSII and CIF parsers.

Highlights
• New graphic renderer which speeds-up the drawing up-to 3.5 times. Requires openGL version 1.4 and Virtual Buffer Objects. It will be used as a base for future graphical effects. • The old renderer remains to cover graphic drivers implementing older openGL versions and particularly virtual desktops. F-11 uses openGL 1.3 out of the box, so the the old renderer will be active by default. This is not an issue, because its speed is significantly improved as well.
• Updates and fixes in the external interfaces. GDSII in particular.
• New utility for conversion of Virtuoso(C) technology files to TELL.
• TDT format updated with new records. Its version is updated to 0.7.
• Significant improvmens in the GDSII conversion speed. Multi gigabyte files are now converted in minutes.
• Further updates on the user interface customization - toolbars.
• Updates in the internal handling of the cell references. In result layer 0 is handled as a normal layer now.
• Provisions on a new Calibre(C) error report parser. Work in progress.
• Many bug fixes.

Caution
Toped releases before 0.94 will not be able to read the new TDT files. The new release should read TDT files independently of the format version.